When it comes to laundry service Miami residents, Town Custom Cleaners is happy to provide the best dry cleaning. However, there are times when you must clean your clothes at home. When this happens, our experts are here with some laundry safety tips. We take pride in providing the best dry cleaning Miami residents can count on.
Laundry Safety Is Key
It is probably something you overlook whenever you drop a load in the wash, but it is very important to take time and make sure your laundry room is a safe environment. With its heavy-duty appliances and shelves of cleaning products, this room can truly be a danger zone in your home.
Did you know that the National Fire Protection Association reports that over 10,000 home fires begin in the laundry room annually?
Also, remember the Tide Pod issue? This is the latest chemical threat to your family. Colorful detergent packs that kids mistake for candy.
Laundry Service Miami Tips You Need To Know
The key is always safety, but also clean clothes. Be sure to check out these tips to ensure you and your clothes stay protected:
- Prevent lint buildup.
- When home dryer fires occur, lint is often the culprit. Clean out lint screens after every load, and inspect vent pipes, the space behind the dryer, and ducts outside your home to ensure that lint isn’t choking the venting system.
- Replace water hoses and dryer ducts.
- We recommend replacing rubber hoses with reinforced braided ones to prevent a hose from cracking, bursting, and potential flooding. If your dryer vents with a foil accordion duct, you should replace it with a rigid metal duct that won’t collect as much lint.
- Ensure that all products are tightly sealed.
- It is incredibly important to make sure all bottles and boxes are sealed and stored out of little hands’ reach. This includes the candy look-alike detergent packs. The American Association of Poison Control reports that more than 3,000 kids have been exposed to these packets in the first months of 2014 alone.
- Mark all detergent containers.
- If you DIY your detergent or stain removers, never store them in a bottle previously used for food or drink. Somebody may think it looks like water. If it is not labeled, it has no instructions about what to do if accidentally ingested, and there’s no number to call if you misuse it.
- Never leave pre-treated garments unattended.
- Children’s blankets and clothing often need stain removal, but kids might not understand what that looks like. If your child walks by and sees his blanket, there’s a possibility he may take it and put it in his mouth.
- Keep machine doors locked, even when the cycle is off.
- To small children, the washer and dryer might seem like ideal hiding spots. If your models don’t have built-in safety locking, you can buy a child-safe lock to prevent little ones from climbing inside and getting stuck.
- Don’t ignore the warning signs of a faulty machine.
- If your clothing comes out of the washing machine soapy or won’t get dry in the dryer, there may be something wrong with your machine. Often, coins left in pockets can get stuck and cause mechanical problems.
- Maintain machines wisely.
- We recommend an annual checkup for laundry appliances with a professional to make sure that all parts are in working order. Post a note by your machines to remind you what the handyman fixed on his last visit, and when to schedule your next appointment.
- Read all manuals, care tags, and cleaning product labels.
- One of the biggest dangers in a laundry room is an uninformed consumer. Read your machine’s user manual, pay attention when mixing chemicals, and always note if a fabric shouldn’t be washed or dried.
Call Our Dry Cleaning Miami Residents
Town Custom Cleaners is more than just the laundry service Miami trusts; we are the best dry cleaning Miami has to offer. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and devotion to our clients. To this end, we make sure that you are always aware of the items that need to be dry cleaned so that they are not ruined before you can get them to us. To learn more about what we can do for you, contact us at Town Custom Cleaners today.