Do you have a lot of garments and delicate fabrics that need a little TLC? Are you worried that if you wash them yourself, they may get ruined? If this is the case, you do not need to worry. The experts at Town Custom Cleaners are here to make sure that when it comes to dry cleaning sensitive linens and fabrics, we are the ones to turn to. There are no better dry cleaners nearby. We are conveniently located in Palmetto Bay.
Always Read The Tags
Reading and understanding cleaning labels and instructions is a very important part of garment care. Every season we receive holiday garments in which the customer could have saved themselves lots of headaches and money if they simply read the instruction stating, spot clean only or do not wash or dry clean. A consumer who distrusts or dislikes dry cleaners should not purchase a garment instructing them to Dry Clean. Conversely, a consumer who enjoys convenience should not purchase a garment that instructs to “Hand Wash Only.”
Here are some universal cleaning labels that you should become familiar with:
- Dry clean
The Different Types of Cleaning, Including Dry Cleaning
- “Dry Clean” or “Dry Clean Only,” if stated, is the preferred method. Your only option here is to find a reputable Dry Cleaner using the proper fluid and finishing procedures. “Dry Clean” or “Dry Clean Only” is not necessarily a substitute for “Hand Wash”
- “Hand Wash” requires more attention and care. In order to properly hand wash a garment, you should first button it, zip it, and turn inside out. In a sink or tub, prepare a mixture of cold water and mild detergent, (Baby Shampoo works excellent). Once detergent and water have been mixed you may insert the garment by softly pushing it underwater. The cleaning will occur when you rock and, turn the garment back and forth. Do not twist, ring or scrub the garment. Drain the water. Rinse with fresh water and, softly squeeze water from the fabric. Lay garment flat on top of a white towel. Do not dry garment in direct sun or close to fluorescent light as both can contribute to fading.
- “Delicate Wash” is often recommended to avoid the burden of “Hand Wash.” However, delicate wash may damage your garment if improperly used. Before placing in the washing machine, button, zip and, turn garment inside out. Place garment in a net bag and secure properly to avoid opening during the wash cycle or spin. For top-loading machines wait until the water level is reached and, detergent has dissolved or mixed thoroughly. Proceed to place the garment (net bag) in a machine. In a front loader, you may set the garment (net bag) before starting the machine or place on washing rack if provided.
Common Cleaning Mistakes
- Too much, wrong or direct exposure to detergent.
- Scrubbing, twisting and, ringing in hand wash process.
- Drying in a dryer, sunlight, or proximity to fluorescent lighting.
Call Us Today For Dry Cleaners Nearby
When it comes to the best dry cleaning and dry cleaners nearby, we are the ones to trust. We will make sure your sensitive and delicate fabrics get handled with care. Town Custom Cleaners is here for you. Call us today for more information. We aim to be the best cleaners in South Florida. Our passion for our work is driven by our values of quality, speed, service, and transparency. Each garment that comes into our store is treated with the utmost attention – we want you to look your absolute best! We are located in Palmetto Bay.